Imagine if you will a scrumptious homemade dessert which is loaded with iron, vitamin C, calcium, manganese, fiber, vitamin K, vitamin B9 and vitamin E. Well, imagine no more because this easy and delicious dessert from Denmark (where it is called Red Fruit Pudding) has all of these plus a satiny rich smoothness.
Outside of the United States homemade puddings are one of the most popular desserts in the world. Unfortunately here in the United States the only puddings people eat are that chemically-induced poison sold in little boxes and with about as much nutritional value as munching on a piece of poisoned paper.
So start to treat yourself to something fresh, easy and as far as desserts go, decently healthy. Start enjoying homemade puddings!
Ingredients needed to make Red Raspberry Pudding (serves 4):
- ½ pound red raspberries, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups cold water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- Into a food processor or blender add the raspberries, cold water, cornstarch, sugar and almonds and puree
- In a medium non-aluminum saucepan over medium heat add the puree and cook and stir until thickened.
- Spoon the pudding into custard cups and chill until set.
- Before serving top each with a dollop of whipped cream.
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards is now available from Amazon.com and bookstores worldwide. One of the most anticipated cookbooks of the year, "Edwardian Cooking: Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals."