As the thermometer creeps toward 100 degrees in Houston and summer boredom begins to set in, head to Regal Cinemas, United Artists and Edwards Theaters during their Summer Movie Express festival now through Aug. 1. The nine-week event features G- and PG-rated movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings for only $1 at over 282 theaters across the US.
The Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 & IMAX is currently participating in the program, offering kids movies at 10 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at their 7600 Katy Freeway location, just off Interstate-10 in Houston.
Movies and dates are as follows:
- Tuesday June 5: Journey 2 (PG)
- Wednesday June 6: Kit Kittredge: American Girl (G)
- Tuesday June 12: Dolphin Tale (PG)
- Wednesday June 13: Happy Feet Two (PG)
- Tuesday June 19: Legend of the Guardians (PG)
- Wednesday June 20: Yogi Bear (PG)
- Tuesday June 26: Cats & Dog: Revenge (PG)
- Wednesday June 27: Hugo (PG)
- Tuesday July 3: Adventures of Tin Tin (PG)
- Wednesday July 4: Puss in Boots (PG)
- Tuesday July 10: Kung Fu Panda 2 (PG)
- Wednesday July 11: Rango (PG)
- Tuesday July 17: Rio (PG)
- Wednesday July 18: Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (PG)
- Tuesday July 24: Chimpanzee (G)
- Wednesday July 25: Hoodwinked Too (PG)
- Tuesday July 31: Arthur Christmas (PG)
- Wednesday Aug. 1: Smurfs (PG)
Basic movie tickets are normally $8.25 for adult matinee or $10.50 for adult evening, $7.25 for children and $7 for seniors.
Movie tickets for 3D films are $12.25 for adult matinee or $14.50 for adult evening, $11.25 for children and $11 for seniors. All matinee showings end at 4 p.m.
Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 & IMAX also offers IMAX films, which provide larger and higher resolution pictures than traditionally filmed movies, and seats 409 movie-goers. Tickets are $17 for adults, $13.75 for children and $13.50 for seniors. While the tickets are more expensive, the high quality experience that makes movie-goers feel like they are actually in the movie is well worth the extra cash.
For more information about Summer Movie Express, visit regalmovies.com.
For tickets, show times and all other questions about Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 & IMAX, visit fandango.com.