The sweetest days of summer are here, and with them comes the desire to eat well and yet spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. This is true for even the most dedicated Foodies, so the search for easy, simple, and fast pasta dishes is on.
One of the best new recipes I added to my list of easy, simple, and fast pasta dishes comes from the fabulous Ina Garten. After an incredibly easy prep process and about 4 hours of room temperature marinating time, dinner is 5 minutes away...when you're ready to boil some angel hair pasta for a few minutes. Timing, after all, is what August is all about.
Ina Garten's Summer Garden Pasta
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 18 large basil leaves, julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Combine the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, basil, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.
Just before you're ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions (be careful - it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!). Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.