Your backyard, a park, a trip to the mountains or beach provides the perfect place for family picnic. A cooler full of food and drinks, an old blanket big enough for all to sit, and you have all the ingredients for family fun.
Your choice of setting depends on your family. Little ones might want to picnic at a park where they have access to playground equipment as you enjoy picnic tables and built-in barbeque grills. If your family loves to hike a trip to a local trail and a backpack picnic might be just the thing.
Family picnic tips:
· If you have a long busy day –keep it simple- stop and pick up deli sandwiches, chips and fruit.
· Frozen water bottles can keep food cold and when melted you have cool drinking water.
· Check weather forecast.
· Pack foods to be eaten last on the bottom of the cooler.
· Bring one cooler for drinks and one for food.
Think about bringing:
· Sweatshirts, jackets, hats, sunglasses
· Serving spoons, can and bottle openers, knife, cutting board
· Picnic blanket, beach towels
· Baggies for leftovers and Garbage bags to pack out
· Paper towels, hand wipes
· Sunscreen, Insect repellant, first aid kit
Items to bring for fun:
· Beach ball
· Fishing poles
· Picnic by John Burningham
· Picnic: 125 Recipes with 29 Seasonal Menus by DeeDee Stovel
· Picnic by Emily Arnold McCully
· Picnic!: A Day in the Park (Ant Hill) by Joan Holub and Will Terry
· The Bears' Picnic by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
· Freda Plans a Picnic (Stuart J. Murphy's I See I Learn Series) by Stuart J. Murphy
· We're Going on a Picnic! by Pat Hutchins
· Picnic at Hanging Rock: A Novel by Joan Lindsay
· Mickey & Friends A Perfect Picnic by Disney Book Group, Kate Ritchey and Disney Storybook Art Team
Summer is the perfect time to pack up the family and have picnic. Eating outdoors in the fresh air is fun for all. Even if it is in your own backyard, spread out a blanket under a tree and have a fun family picnic.
For more family fun summer ideas check into Learning at home by Rhonda Cratty
Rhonda Cratty includes her experiences of 30 years of public school teaching, raising children of her own, and articles written for on-line and hard copy publications -within the pages of Learning at home. Learning at home can be purchased in print or eBook form through Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/dp/1494917203