By Kathy M. Newbern and J.S. Fletcher
Summer is right around the corner. Are you ready for a lot of beach fun?
Nestled between charming Charleston and sultry Savannah, Hilton Head is draped in Spanish moss and hugged by the Atlantic. Five miles of pristine beach allow for lazy days between sun and surf. Fourteen miles of flat bike and walking trails are family friendly and welcome a slow stroll or ride. Horse stables hold mounts eager to please.
Kayaking, paddle boarding, parasailing and wave runner fun await at the yacht club – perfect for teenagers and active couples. You will never lack for court time on the resort’s accommodating tennis facilities. There’s a pirate ship to sail, shops to plunder and even a nature preserve for seeking hidden treasure – of the getting-to-know the flora and fauna kind.
While Hilton Head is perhaps best known for its signature red-and-white lighthouse, the Harbour Town Golf Links have beckoned golfers for decades. Beyond the annual RBC Heritage Classic Tournament – a PGA TOUR stop - each Spring, guests of the resort can play it any time of the year.
And this spring, a new golf clubhouse will open, followed by an exclusive seaside Beach Club this summer. Its celebrated Inn at Harbour Town was recently renovated. And new shops, restaurants and boats line the waterway.
There truly is something for every member of the family.
Weeklong Escapes start at only $721 (six nights, based on a one-bedroom villa) and are packed with value, including:
- Up to 15% off a weekly home or villa rental
- $100 resort credit redeemable for golf, dining and activities
- One complimentary family portrait session on the beach by the certified professionals at Memory Lane Portraits
- One Eco-Adventure or activity for two people at the resort or Coastal Discovery Museum at Historic Honey Horn
- Free golf for children 12 and younger on the Ocean Course (with each paid adult)
- No charge for children 12 and younger on a 1 1/2-hour dolphin excursion cruise (with each paid adult
- Two hours of tennis per day
- Unlimited use of the fitness center
- Access for two to the famed Harbour Town Lighthouse
- Wireless Internet
- “Pack and pick up” grocery service from the Harris Teeter-Park Plaza.
So if you’ve had enough snow and ice and are looking to book your summer vacation, do it now, and you won’t need to put money down until 90 days before arrival.
For more info, go to www.seapines.com, or call 866.561.8802 (mention or use promotion code ESCAPE).
If you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy:
• Other stories by Newbern and Fletcher
• Other Stories by JS Fletcher,
• Stories by Kathy M. Newbern, Luxury Travel Examiner
International Travel Examiners J.S. Fletcher and spouse, Kathy M. Newbern, report on luxury destinations, spas and cruising around the globe. They are award-winning members of the Society of American Travel Writers and created YourSpaReport.com and YourNovel.com, their personalized romance novel business.