Preparation time is 15 minutes. Baking time is 15 minutes. Cooking time is 10 minuutes. Oven temperature is 450 F.
Jazz up plain summer squash and enjoy this delicious way of preparing it. This recipe will make four healthy servings.
1 1/4 pounds of yellow summer squash
1 small minced onion
3 Tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 cup of fresh minced parsley
1/2 cup of bread crumbs, seasoned
1. Wash, trim, and peel squash. Shred the squash in a food processor. You will need four cups.
2. In a large skillet, saute' onion and squash in two Tablespoons of butter. Stir for 10 minutes. Stir until the squash is tender.
3. Beat egg, milk, salt, and pepper. Mix this with the squash, onion, and parsley. Spread this mixture evenly into a greased shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
4. Mix the bread crumbs with the remaining butter and sprinkle over the mixture.
5. Bake at 450 F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is quick and easy and can be prepared for lunch or dinner. It will add color to any table. This dish is very high in nutritional value. Squash contains many healthy vitamins and minerals. Squash may be prepared a number of different ways and it is very healthy for you. Squash may be boiled, baked, broiled, steamed, or saute'ed. This is an excellent and light summer healthy dish. It may be served alone or on the side. It will compliment any meal. It is very delicious and has a very fresh taste. The recipe may also be made with canned squash as long as the liquid is drained. I hope your family enjoys this recipe. Enjoy!