Chap Oscar’s Very Workable Suicide Prevention Plan (Revisited)
If you are in the midst of a turbulent relationship, if you are wanting to harm someone ... if you are contemplating suicide, plan now to avoid making the same type of impetuous, overpowering choices that can only cause immeasurable pain – choices that are irreversibly permanent. Before you are tempted to take violent action, decide now
1. I will not “Act” on impulse or act rashly.
2. I will not “ Take” any action that is harmful or even potentially harmful to myself, others or property.
3. I will not “ Drive” my vehicle when drinking any alcohol regardless of the limit.
4. God says in His Words: 'Give careful thought to your ways'" (Haggai 1:5).
5. I will carry this Chap Oscar Quick Prayer in my wallet at all times and pray:
"In you, LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame ... come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me" (Psalm 31:1-2 ).
6. Further pray "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promises will preserve my life" (Psalm 119:50).
7. "Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed" (Psalm 57:1).
8. Ask yourself "Why do I feel the need to hurt myself – or others?"
9. "What do I think I will accomplish through this?"
10. "What impact would this act have on those who care about me?"
11. "Would God approve of this?"
12. "Would the people I love approve of this?"
13. "Would the people who care about me approve of this?"
14. God loves you and has a purpose for your life.
"The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception" (Proverbs 14:8).
15. The Lord says, "For I know the plans I have for you ... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).
16.The Lord goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged" (Deuteronomy 31:).
Yet for Jovan ... it's too late ... He kneels over the bloodied form of the woman he loved and asks forgiveness, but she is already dead – with nine bullets in her body. Then he says good-bye to his mother and infant daughter and drives to Arrowhead Stadium, the Chiefs' home field. Outside the team facility, Jovan thanks his mentors for their investment in his life, asking them to care for his child. Emotionally devastated by his impulsive crime, he ends his own life.
So ... what lessons can we learn from this lingering tragedy? Do not allow your story to mirror these anguishing scenes of brokenness.
• If I continue to spiral downward emotionally and recognize that I am in a crisis, I will reach out and call others who will be helpful and truthful. They can help me regain perspective.
• I will continue to call until I have reached someone. I will state directly, "I am calling because I am in an emotional crisis."
• I will honestly discuss the feelings and events that led to the crisis and seek possible solutions.
• I will continue making as many phone calls as necessary until the crisis is resolved, no matter what time of day or night.
But who would you call? Having a list already prepared, can be a matter of life and death.
Here is help for compiling a call list:
Crisis Hot Line _________________________________
Hope For The Heart 1-800-488-HOPE (4673)
Suicide Prevention 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up" (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NIV).
Chap Oscar advises folks to prepare your response before a crisis happens.
This fact is certain: Suicide is never the right response in a crisis … never.
We are a unique creation of God. Our lives have invaluable significance to Him, and He has unique plans for our lives.
A Very Genuine Invitation to Visit www.AdotcomChurch.com
Thank you Ted Ciuba www.ThinkRichRadio.com
Thanks Bobby Williams www.SpiritofaChampion.com
Our Condolences to the Family of Mindy McCreary
RIP Mindy! Oscar.... Chauffeur to the Stars!