With a slogan of "a Lahaina cafe and eat bar", Sugar Cane Maui is located mountain-side on Front Street, across from the seawall and in the old Famous Dave's location. Opening the first week of September, 2013, Sugar Cane Maui is quickly gaining a reputation for high-quality fish and rib entrees, with aggressive pricing and outstanding customer service.
"The Ono, Mahi, and Monchong fish dishes are excellent," says Elizabeth Boney from Lahaina. "It also has some of the best short ribs on Maui."
Popular menu items include an open-faced Kahlua pork melt sandwich, Maui Wedge salad, and Chef Chin's Ahi nachos. The Thai spiced fish and clam chowder at $6.95 is one of the best chowders you'll ever eat in a sit-down restaurant.
Try the Sugar Cane burger, a Hawaiian ground sirloin patty with jack-cheese, avocado, smoked bacon, and guava chipotle aioli sauce.
Located on the second floor, Sugar Cane Maui has seating on a balcony overlooking Front Street, with incredible people-watching and sunset views. There's also a large dining area and a bar just after you climb the stairs to the restaurant.
Looking for a new, Asian-influenced dining experience in Lahaina? Consider Sugar Cane Maui restaurant and you won't be disappointed.
Sugar Cane Maui
736 Front Street
Lahaina, Maui 96761
Reviews at Tripadvisor give you an idea of what others thing of Sugar Cane Maui.
Chef Chen's new restaurant has reviews on Yelp also.
Other Restaurants Nearby.
- Just steps away from Sugar Cane Maui is Lahaina Pizza Company, offering a deep-dish pizza with a full menu of salads and appetizers.
- Lahaina Grill is nearby also and is considered one of Maui's best upscale restaurants.
- Fleetwood's On Front Street, owned by legendary rocker Mick Fleetwood is steps away with good food and live entertainment most nights.
- Pre-paid parking is available on Lahainaluna Road off Hwy. 30, on both side of the street. You're just a few minutes from Sugar Cane Maui.
- Enjoy the food at Sugar Cane Maui at lunch or dinner, then try some of Hawaii's best fudge at Hawaii Fudge Company on Front Street.
- While also enjoying the art galleries and souvenir stores on Front Street, try a Hawaiian tradition shave ice at Ululani's Shave Ice.
- Hawaii's best salt water taffy is at Hawaii Fudge Company, next to Ono Gelato.