It's just like the touch and go world of fashion to have random trends suddenly pop up when you least expect them.
Take for instance this summer's latest trend, red sequins. The boldface look is not what you would ordinarily expect from a list of summer's best offerings, and yet here it is all over fashion spreads and runway shows (Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabanna, Naeem Khan, Saint Laurent)
When I personally think of red sequins, I don't think of summer, I think Wizard of Oz-- Dorothy's ruby red low heels are indeed a classic!
Whether you feel red sequins are inconsequential or a masterful way to make a switch this season, you can nail the trend with these dazzling styles...
1. Wildfox Couture 'Raquel' Mid Rise Sequin Skinny $117 revolveclothing.com
2. Boutique Sleeveless Sheath Lace Dress $189 bloomingdales.com
3. Gianvito Rossi Modena Leather Sandals $1,757 selfridges.com
4. Custommade Sequin Mini Skirt $288 farfetch.com
5. Cole Haan 'Chelsea' High Pump $98 6pm.com
6. Miliani Jewel FX Nail Lacquer in Red 584 $4 walgreens.com
7. ASOS Embellished Shift Dress $86 asos.com
8. P.A.R.O.S.H 'Shila' Tank $297 farfetch.com