Fashion is an expression best met when used in areas that interwove its own synchronous style with equally higher reaching forms. Take for instance the alliance of style and architecture.
When a designer becomes the architect, the results are typically along the confines of phenomenal. A featured trend of this phenomenon? origami designs.
Some say its sharp yet stiff outlines are unsuitable for daily wear, others contend it's rooted in the idea of taking fashion to higher heights --meddling in the idea of fashion as wearable art.
A few designers who have mastered the look include: Haider Ackermann, Rick Owens and Ronald Mouret .
Also noted is that the origami optimization as a trend is generally for the die hard fashionista who understands the value of fashion as art met with ginormous results when used with precision.
You can take the trend on for size and explore the various ways to dabble in style with these origami selections...
1. Josh Goot Color-Block Asymmetric Neoprene Skirt $595 modaoperandi.com
2. Anthropologie Shift Origami Dress $198 anthropologie.com
3.Shlomit Ofir Gold Origami Colorful Earrings $70 maxandchloe.com
4. Haider Ackermann Folded Detail Top $1,296 farfetch.com
5. Msgm Mini Skirt $110 thecorner.com
6. McQ Alexander McQueen Folded Skirted Dress $898 matchesfashion.com
7. Viparo 'Jett' Skirt $20 thegrandsocial.au
8. Blue Georgia Hardinge Origami Crop Top $20 riverisland.com