Throughout time Africa has remained the source of inspiration for many cultural avenues from music to sports to food.
Thus it comes as no surprise that Africa is taking root in fashion, the spring trends where infused with African vestiges.
African exported style could be seen on the spring 2014 runways for Missoni, Celine, Givenchy, Dries Van Noten, and Edun.
Chock full of vivacious colors and vibrant prints, the trend embodies the vivacity of the spring/summer, and the infectious feel good nature of the season.
Here are a few African centered looks to mix and match this season for a sunny display of elevated style.
1. Liam Fahy 'Colette' Shoes $354 liamfahy.com
2. Gemstone, Tiger's Eye Bracelet $56 overstock.com
3. 'Mzuri' Multi Clutch $150 wolfandbadger.com
4. SUNO Blue Layered Mini Dress $945 avenue32.com
5. Anna Sui Silk Printed Turban $95 stylebop.com
6. Topshop Egpyt Grafitti Print Midi Tank Dress $64 topshop.com
7. Duro Olowu Brown Sandals $89 yoox.com
8. Fair + True Fair Trade African Print Peplum Top $94 fashion-conscience.com
9. Fair + True Fair Trade African Print Tailored Shorts $53 fashion-conscience.com
10. Anita Quansah London 'Ara' Necklace $4,177 luisaviaroma.com