It is a cozy morning. Everyone else is sleeping in. Why not make a delicious surprise treat for breakfast? When the house is alive, there will be a smile on everyone's face. This French Toast is delicious and satisfying.
Switch up the jam flavor for a nice change. Sprinkle with a touch of confectioner's sugar to top it off.
Stuffed French Toast Sandwiches
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- Confectioner's sugar, optional
- Spread cream cheese over 6 slices of bread.
- Top with marmalade and remaining bread.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly grease griddle or skillet pan. Heat over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture.
- Place sandwiches on griddle or in skillet pan. Toast for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.