CareerBuilder® and Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) have released a study of the most lucrative professions for two year Associate’s Degrees and four year Bachelor’s Degrees for 2013.
The study used EMSI’s labor market database of over 90 national and state employment resources which includes detailed information on employees and self-employed workers.
“Nearly one in five employers reported that their educational requirements for jobs in their organizations have increased over the last five years,” stated Brent Rasmussen, President of CareerBuilder North America, in a press release.
EMSI is a CareerBuilder company that provides employment data and economic analysis with web tools and custom reports.
“A college education is one of the best investments you can make,” added Rasmussen. “Not only does it increase the amount of opportunities available to you, it also significantly boosts your earning potential.”
- Air Traffic Controller – $113,547
- Radiation Therapist – $76,627
- Dental Hygienist - $70,408
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist - $69,638
- Nuclear Technician - $68,037
- Registered Nurse - $65,853
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - $65,499
- Fashion Designer - $63,170
- Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technician - $61,547
- Engineering Technician - $58,698
The best paying jobs requiring an Bachelor’s Degree based on median salary in the U.S. include:
- Petroleum Engineer - $122,242
- Airline Pilot, Copilot and Flight Engineer - $105,518
- Aerospace Engineer - $102,409
- Nuclear Engineer - $99,715
- Computer Hardware Engineer - $98,134
- Software Developer, Systems Software - $96,034
- Chemical Engineer - $92,934
- Electronics Engineer - $91,478
- Actuary - $91,062
- Atmospheric and Space Scientist - $89,794
CareerBuilder.com® is the largest online career website in the United States with more than 24 million unique visitors, 1 million jobs, and 50 million resumes.