Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Students, 9 and 12, arrested for poisoning teacher

Boys put rat poison in teacher's water
wikimedia Commons

Teachers, you have to be extra cautious at work when it comes to your water or beverages.

On Tuesday, two students, ages 9 and 12, were charged with dumping rat poison in a teacher’s water bottle the day before, said the New York Daily News.

The Brooklyn students, who attend Public School 315 on Glenwood Road in Flatbush, were “charged Tuesday with reckless endangerment and assault. Their case will be handled by Family Court.”

Apparently, the teacher drank water from her bottle and became very sick. That was when someone confessed to her that the students had poured rat poison in her water.

The teacher immediately notified the police and “Preliminary tests on the water bottle confirmed the presence of rat poison, police said.” No one knows why the boys poisoned the teacher’s drink.

A statement from the Department of Education, which was read on Wednesday, reported that the teacher is recovering and that they will continue investigating the incident. “Ensuring the safety of our entire schools community is our priority, and while this matter is still under investigation, we will take swift and appropriate action."

Once again, teachers, be extremely careful when it comes to bringing water or beverages to work.

Previous article: Mother fatally stabs three children

Novels by Stacy-Ann Facey

Report this ad