Organizing is an intimidating task; and even more intimidating if an individual’s home feels in complete disarray. Sometimes even if only one room of the home is unorganized, the phenomenon of rethinking the organization of other rooms occurs until all rooms of the home are deemed unorganized. The only thing completed at this time is the process of nit-picking of every room and the birth of mental stress. Soon the individual becomes discouraged because the mentally-prepared tasks list becomes too much to think about, causing them to feel even more at a loss over where and how to begin. Whether individuals jump right into the organizing process physically or mentally, the result will always be the same – a crushing blow to their self-confidence.
Unfortunately what most people do not consider and organizers do not focus on is the preplanning and preparation stages to organization. Individuals might find words like “In the room that you start in…” and “sort into boxes…” but nothing more than this in organizing resources. Because these sources do not clearly define what is a possible room to begin in or how to begin in each room, individuals must wade through prose after prose to find the answers or at least a hint of an answer. This can be just as overwhelming, discouraging, and crushing to self-confidence as the act of organizing itself can be.
In hopes to assist individuals with the preplanning and preparation process is the “General Guide to Preplan and Prepare for Organizing”. Over the course of the next three weeks, the articles will focus on common customer inquiries or the dilemmas they have felt:
- “What are the best items to gather beforehand?” - What supplies is truly needed while organizing
- “Which room is the best to begin in?” - Deciding room order
- “Where do I begin?” - What’s the first thing to do in every room
- “What if other ways of organizing are easier for me?” - Handcrafting a method of organization
- “What happens if someone cannot afford containers used for sorting? - Before containerizing or assigning a home
- “How is anyone supposed to remember all this? - Recapping with an example to-do list
Therefore, if you are having trouble wading through the information for what you need and what to do for organizing come back and visit these articles.