The last few days of summer are upon us and Labor Day is closing in fast. This holiday for some may be the last large grilling day of the season for some families. After consuming so many beef hamburgers throughout the summer it is time to start the new season with a burger that is healthier and tastes just as good. Mix together a spiced up turkey burger and make that spatula strut it across the grill grates to sear in those charcoal lines that look great and infuse a smoky taste into the burger when it cooks and flips so the other side can get the same heated treatment. Then do your thing and decorate it in the fashion your taste buds will love you for. There are so many ways to dress up a turkey burger and this healthier burger choice is great for the whole family.
- 1 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of steak sauce
- ½ teaspoon of seasoned salt
- Ranch dressing
- Tomato slices
- Raw onion slices (Yellow or Red)
- Slice of cheese of your liking
- 1 tablespoon of warmed left-over stuffing (chicken or cornbread)
- Crisp bacon slices (pork or turkey)
- Don’t forget the buns!
- Combine all the ingredients together and form patties about ½ an inch in thickness and press your thumb lightly in the center to create an indentation in each patty.
- Place turkey burger patties on the grill until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve while hot on buns and garnish to your satisfaction.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved