Children love to be creative and to make gifts for classmates, teachers and family members. Here is a very different gift idea, from our friends at Betty Crocker, that gives Valentine's Day a bit of a twist. These can be prepared the day before the Valentine exchange at school and can be used with or in lieu of traditional Valentines (just remember to include to add directions on how to prepare the drink at home). A silicone pan (with small shaped or round cups) works best, but if you want to place the mixture in disposable little muffin-type cups, just peel the paper off before dipping.
Strawberry Hot Cocoa-on-a-Stick
- 1 bag (12 oz.) white chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips
- 2/3 cup 25% less-sugar instant strawberry milk mix
- 6 oz white chocolate melting wafers or white candy melts
- Red and pink candy sprinkles (or colored sugar)
- In small microwavable bowl, place white chocolate chips. Microwave chips uncovered on High in 30-second increments, stirring well between each, until chips can be stirred smooth. Add strawberry milk mix; beat with hand mixer on low speed just until incorporated. Mixture will be thick and grainy.
- Spoon mixture, about 2 1/2 tablespoons each, into cavities of silicone mold or disposable small paper cups. Press mixture down into cavities or cups with back of spoon. Place disposable spoons upright in mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate melting wafers on High in 30- second increments, stirring well between each, until wafers are melted and can be stirred smooth. Dip set strawberry cocoa into melted candy, then into sprinkles. Place on cooking parchment paper to dry, about 15 minutes.
- To enjoy, dissolve 1 strawberry hot cocoa on a stick in 8 oz hot milk.