In June of 2013, Jobvite conducted a survey of 1600 recruiting and human resources professionals on social recruiting. From the survey, 94% of recruiters use or plan to use social media in their recruitment efforts and LinkedIn remains the king of searching as well as all stages of the funnel.
- 96% say they search for candidates on LinkedIn
- 94% contact candidates using LinkedIn
- 93% keep tabs on candidates with LinkedIn
- 91% post jobs on LinkedIn
LinkedIn profiles give recruiters more confidence in a job seekers professional fit for a position by being able to see their professional experience, how long they have stayed in a job and specific skills they have.
If recruiters and HR Professionals are hanging out on LinkedIn and using it to find candidates, then don't you think it would benefit you to be hanging around there too?
I was reading through a discussion on one of the recruiting blogs on using LinkedIn as a sourcing tool and here are some of the comments:
- "Linkedin is my sourcing bible! It's THE one professional networking source that I have used for the past 8+ years. I have filled most, if not all, of my positions by networking with folks within this site or have been given several referrals from those that I've connected with within Linkedin."
- "It is definitely a goldmine for professional networking. It is really just a matter of building relationships. Most of my relationships I've acquired through their discussion groups. Look for industry specific groups or create your own and then get involved."
- "The evolution of Linkedin is amazing. It is almost like a phone book now a days. So, as far as a sourcing tool, it is the best resource available to gather names."
- "I use it for sourcing. I usually search by competitor or companies that have folks with the background I need. I then weed it down to the geographic location where the position is needed. Once I get the "list" I just browse and look for the folks that may have the background I need."
Don't miss out on the opportunity to be found, to connect and network with professionals in your industry and to make your professional footprint. Get on LinkedIn, create an attractive profile and start creating your career destiny.
Need help with your LinkedIn profile? Want to learn how to use Advanced LinkedIn Strategies that your competition doesn't know about? Contact me for Job Search Training Services
Follow my job search training tips on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/job-search-training
Join the 1 on 1 career help LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1-on-1-Career-Help-8136896/about
- Twitter https://twitter.com/RecruiterCori
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/recruitercori/
- LinkedIn Company Page: Sarammi Recruiting and Headhunting Specialists
- Sarammi Facebook Page: http://tinyurl.com/sarammifacebookpage
- Informing Job Seekers
- Sarammi Inc. Recruiting, Sourcing and Job Search Mentoring
- Job Searching Strategies
- Pittsburgh’s Ultimate Career Connection on Facebook
Resume Writing EBook
Straight Talk from a Recruiter: Resume Writing Strategies and Easy To Follow Techniques