In times of stress and tragedy people often come forward with stories of insights and strong feelings. The mystery of the 777 jet, Flight MH370 has brought forward just such premonitions. Here are five interesting premonitions that have surfaced over the years.
- March 15, 44 BC (Ides of March)- The dictator of Rome, Julius Caesar's wife Calpurnia had a dream the night before he died that a statue of Caesar was flowing with blood, that many Romans will wash their hands in the blood and that he would die in her arms. She warned him that he would get stabbed by a friend, and begged him not to go to the meeting. He went anyway, his friend Marcus Junius Brutus was one of the assassins.
- 1556 and 1700, 1791 or 1793- The French apothecary and seer Nostradamus is believed to have predicted his own death and the date in which his tomb would be opened. The night before he died on July 2, 1556 he told his secretary by sunrise he would not find him alive. The next day he was found dead. It is said that he had a medallion hung around his neck when he was buried with the date 1700. His body was moved to a more substantial tomb in 1700. Later in 1791 or 93 his tomb was blundered during the French Revolution by French Soldiers and one drank wine from Nostradamus’ skull. In the tomb was a plaque that said 1791 or 93. The soldiers died violently the next day.
- May 18, 1910- The novelist Mark Twain also known as Samuel Clemens predicted that Halley's Comet would be seen on the day of his death, just as it was when he was born, November 30, 1835. Twain died just a few weeks before Halley's Comet appeared on May 18, 1910.
- April 4, 1968 at 6:01 p.m. - Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights activist and leader in what has come to be known as his I Have A Dream Speech extemporaneously stated, “Like anybody, I would like to live a long life; longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.” King was assassinated the next day.
- March 8, 2014- Paul Weeks, an Australian passenger on the missing Malaysian flight MH370 from the coast of Vietnam was on his way to Mongolia to a new job. Before he left he took lots of pictures of his wife and two sons. His wife said before boarding the plane he left her his wedding ring and watch with directions to give the oldest son his wedding ring, or whoever marries first, and the younger son his watch in case something happens to him.
Have you ever had a nagging feeling, an overwhelming sense of doom or a recurrent dream? All may be signs of a premonition. Other famous people who had premonitions are Abraham Lincoln, Reeva Steenkamp, Liam Neeson, Harriet Tubman, Winston Churchill, Jean Dixon, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Philip Seymour Hoffman and President John F. Kennedy.