Store Christmas hours for 2013 are listed for times open Christmas Eve and day after the holiday. About-News and Issues reports Dec. 24. Retail giants, such as Walmart, Target, Home Depot, JC Penney, Toys R Us, and many others will be open early hours to reel shoppers in to use gift cards they got for Christmas as extra revenue. Many others will be eager to exchange merchandise and even request refunds. Either way, it's an extremely busy day in the retail world on the day after Christmas for stores.
Stores are also anxious to get rid of final year inventory the day after Christmas. They want all holiday items and clearance sale items off shelves so they can stock up on new things for next year.
What is open the day after Christmas and what are the store hours? The major stores below show opening and closing times. A few do not have their closing times posted, but they are likely to remain open until 10 p.m.
Day after Christmas 2013 store hours:
- 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. - Macy's
- 6 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Home Depot
- 7 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Dick's Sporting Goods
- 7 a.m. - JC Penney
- 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. - Old Navy
- 7 a.m. - Sears
- 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. - Target
- 8 a.m. - Apple Stores
- 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. - Athleta
- 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. - Banana Republic
- 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. - The Gap
- 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. - Toys 'R Us
- 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. - Costco
Will you be taking advantage of the 2013 day after Christmas hours?