A "Storage Wars" star dies from carbon monoxide (CO), and officials believe his death was intentional. The 40-year-old auction house owner was arrested on Sunday on drug charges. Just one day later, on Feb. 11, 2013, he was dead, reported Daily Mail.
The lifeless body of Mark Balelo was discovered in his car, which was parked in the garage of his Simi Valley, Calif. auction house on Monday. An employee made the grisly find.
Since the "Storage Wars" star died in his car with the engine running, carbon monoxide poisoning was the presumed cause of death. However, an autopsy is being performed today to confirm those findings.
An 11-year-old boy in Boston, Mass. died from carbon monoxide poisoning over the weekend while trying to get warm in a running car whose tailpipe was covered by snow following winter storm Nemo. Read more here.
TMZ reported that Balelo called his fiancee between his arrest and his death and told her "he was afraid he might hurt himself."
Although the "Storage Wars" star who died appeared on the reality television show numerous times, he wasn't as easily recognizable as the show's other stars who bid on abandoned storage containers or conduct the auctions themselves.
There is no mention of the death of Mark Balelo on the official "Storage Wars" website.