On tonight's premiere episode of “Storage Wars: New York,” the auction takes place in Brooklyn, N.Y. The main characters as introduced are; the Legend, the Loudmouth, the Conscience, the Flame, the Firecracker and the Hustler.
- "Joe P" Pauletich is the self-proclaimed legend of the N.Y. auction scene for 20 years.
- Candy Olsen & Courtney Wagner are the flame and the firecracker; they are lifelong pals and own "C&C Pop-Up Shop."
- Mike Braiotta, Bronx-born, tough-talking family man, the hustler has been at this for years and specializes in the familiar N.Y. pastime of busting other people's chops.
- Chris Morelli & Tad Eaton, known as the loudmouth and the conscience are co-owners of a Hoboken. N.J. shop called "The Frayed Knot." This duo knows what they are doing, even if they drive the rest of the bidders crazy.
- John Luke, another veteran of the bidding wars, is the auctioneer.
The first locker is a mess of art stuff just thrown every which way. However, keen eyes see treasure, and the bidding starts with Candy for $500 but after a long war, Joe P gets it for $1500. Joe goes back to check his stuff and finds photos that are awesome, and he is sure valued at a lot of money. Joe goes to an art gallery, and the first one in present condition is worth $700, others were worth between $5,000 and $7,000.
The second locker contains plastic storage bins, a couple of black garbage bags and several shoe boxes. Nothing that meets with Mike's approval, but the girls seem interested and Candy gets it for $155. The shoes are fairly nice and never worn. They should get $10 for each, then they find high-end tap shoes. They take them to a dance studio in New York City. They were made in Italy and worth $100. If they belonged to someone famous, they could have been valued at $2,000.
The third one has lots of boxes and kitchen stuff. The women are not interested, but Tad scores it for $525. Tad knows that he will be in the dog house with Chris if the locker does not pay off. As the boxes start a landslide, they find an infrared barbeque grill worth $1,675.
At the end of the day, Joe P made $16,450, Chris & Tad made $1250, and Candy & Courtney netted only $10 for their locker. Mike just wasted his time and gas. Better luck next time, on "Storage Wars: New York."