On Friday, October 18 at 7 p.m., John's City Diner (112 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd N, Birmingham) will indulge two of your guilty pleasures when they host the Stone Brewing Beer Dinner and Porkapalooza.
Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, California) recently introduced themselves to Alabamians with a plethora of launch events that they dubbed Stone Week-Alabama. It is hard to believe that any of those events could be topped, but John's City Diner is throwing their hat into the ring by hosting the Stone Brewing Beer Dinner and Porkapalooza. Yeah, it is absolutely the slice of heaven that you think it is. Each of this dinner's five courses will pair the world-class beers of Stone Brewing Co. with beautiful pork treats sourced from Beeler's Pure Pork. The menu pretty much speaks for itself, and it reads as follows:
- Aperitif: Pork Rillettes, Crostinis, Raspberry-Jalapeno Jam. Beer Pairing - Stone Levitation Ale
- First Course: Butternut Squash Soup, Lardons, Crème Fraiche. Beer Pairing - Stone Cali-Belgique IPA
- Second Course: 10 Hour Pork Belly, Steamed Bun, Fried Peppers, Hoisin Caramel. Beer Pairing - Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
- Entrée: Braised Beeler’s Pure Pork Osso Bucco, Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potatoes. Beer Pairing - Arrogant Bastard Ale
- Dessert: Candied Chocolate Bacon Pops, Pecan Wood Smoked Bacon, Belgian Dark Chocolate, Homemade Brown Sugar. Beer Pairing - Stone Farking Wheaton w00tStout
Cost of the dinner is $59 per person plus tax and gratuity. This beer dinner has limited seating, and John's City Diner is accepting reservations now. You can arrange yours by calling (205) 322‐6014.
If you happened to miss the Stone Week-Alabama events, this would be a great dinner to help you get more familiar with Stone Brewing Co. and their tasty libations. If you have already gained such familiarity, this event will make for a great night out with friends or the perfect cheat day from your diet. Just make sure to arrange those tickets soon. Anything with "Porkapalooza" in the title is sure to be in high demand. Prost!