Barack Obama promised that health care premiums would go down by $2,500 as a result of his signature health care law. But those who could get on the government health care site found something different. Their rates increased significantly, and they went to the official Obamacare Facebook page to vent, Breitbart.com said Friday.
"Only 5 days until you can sign up for lower cost health coverage," the page advertised on Sept. 26. But that's not what a majority of visitors to the page discovered.
"I am so disappointed," one woman wrote. "These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!"
"There is NO WAY I can afford it," said another person who used the Kaiser Subsidy Calculator, who claimed to not qualify for a government subsidy even though he made $8.55 per hour.
"ObamaDEATHcare!!!!!!!!!!! It is socialized medicine and we do NOT want it," one person said on Facebook.
"No this is far from socialized medicine. Socialized medicine is affordable," another person said in response.
"I knew when the democrats called it the 'Affordable Care Act' that it would be un-affordable," another Facebook user said.
Another person said his premiums tripled as a result of Obama's law.
"Obama lied and my health insurance died," he wrote. One person agreed, citing a $610 monthly increase with a $12,500 deductible.
One Facebook user said his old monthly premium of $789 skyrocketed to $1,700.
"What happened to 'if you like your plan you can keep it?' What happened to the average middle class family saving $2500/year?" he asked.
A number of other people expressed the same frustration.
One person compared Obamacare to Benghazi, saying the president "has NO regard for human life" and will let citizens die just as he let Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans die in a terror attack at the U.S. compound.
"Hi, NSA! Hope you are having a pleasant day," one person wrote after complaining about the law.
The HealthCare.gov website was taken down for maintenance after a number of people complained it did not work.
Nevertheless, HealthCare.gov said, those who wish may contact the call center at a number that spells out an obscenity many say is quite appropriate given the high cost of coverage and the intrusive nature of the law.
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Obama supporters threaten to kill protesters at Overpasses for Obama Impeachment
- The left’s shutdown battle cry: Kill them all!
- Deranged: Cher suggests killing Tea Party Republicans on Twitter
- Barack Obama Twitter account: Tea Party 'extremists' closed Statue of Liberty
- Harry Reid, Barack Obama fomenting violence against conservatives over Obamacare
- Liberals blame NRA, Tea Party for D.C. shooting, hope Republicans shot
- Mark Levin to Obama: Touch one vet and face 'half a million people' at memorial (Video)
- Obama to GOP at White House meeting: My way or the highway on Obamacare funding
- Reid blames Ted Cruz for kid with cancer comment, Politico runs cover (Video)
- Picture of guard at Lincoln Memorial called 'Snapshot of Obama's America'
- Harry Reid blames GOP for Obama shutting down WWII memorial
- NY Mag writer: Keep vets out of WWII memorial with aging Nazi soldiers
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberal New Republic suggests Obama use military against Tea Party
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.