Curry received 1,047,281 votes in becoming the first Warrior to start in an All-Star Game since Latrell Sprewell in 1995. Only Kevin Durant (1,396,294) garnered more votes in the West.
Curry is averaging career-highs in points (23.5), assists (9.2) and rebounds (4.6). The fifth-year vet currently ranks seventh overall in scoring and second in assists.
Curry and Durant will be joined in the West’s starting lineup by Kobe Bryant, Blake Griffin and Kevin Love.
The Eastern Conference’s starting five consists of LeBron James, Paul George, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Kyrie Irving. James was the leading overall vote-getter with 1,416,419 votes.
The East squad will be coached by Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel. The coach for the West has yet to be determined.
The 2014 NBA All-Star Game will be played on Feb. 16 in New Orleans. Reserves for the game will be announced on Jan. 30.
• G – Stephen Curry (1st appearance) – 1,047,281 votes
• G – Kobe Bryant (16th) – 988,884
• F – Kevin Durant (5th) – 1,396,294
• F – Blake Griffin (4th) – 688,466
• F - Kevin Love (3rd) – 661,246
• G - Kyrie Irving (2nd) – 860,221
• G - Dwyane Wade (10th) – 929,542
• F - Paul George (2nd) – 1,211,318
• F - Carmelo Anthony (7th) - 935,702
• F - LeBron James (10th) – 1,416,416