This dish bursts with complimentary flavors. The melted sun-dried tomato butter together with glazed arugula salad does not need a starch dish on the side but orzo, rice or risotto come to mind as a nice condiment.
Origin: our kitchen
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
· 2 sirloin steaks
· 4 oz baby arugula
· 6 slices prosciutto (imported)
· 2 shallots
· 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
· 8 tbsp sun-dried tomato butter
· 2 tsp Mediterranean seasoning
· Season the steaks on both sides with Mediterranean seasoning and fry in a hot pan with olive oil until brown and desired doneness (3 minutes per for medium-rare).
· Clean and slice the shallots and fry in a hot pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil while stirring.
· Add shredded prosciutto and fry for another minute.
· Add the baby arugula and stir until wilted.
· Glaze with aged balsamic vinegar until well coated.
Top the steaks with sun-dried tomato butter (at room temperature) and let melt prior to serving.
Serve with glazed salad and/or your choice of potatoes or rice.