1. Water. Hydration is important. Your body is primarily H2O, so if you are not consuming enough your organs, cells and immune system all have to work harder at their jobs. Experts say 6 to 8 ounces, 8 times a day.
2. Relax. Stress takes a hard toll on the body's immune system, leaving it vulnerable to attacks from viruses. Yet stress is constantly bombarding us in our hectic times. Take some time for you each day. Even 5 minutes of meditation, or walking around the neighborhood for 15 minutes will help recharge your body.
3. Wash your hands. The old advice is sound advice. Just think, you touched the doorknob, you grazed the counter... What did the last guy who touched that spot do before he didn't wash his hands! A travel bottle of hand sanitizer carried with you is a good idea for those times when there is just no faucet readily available.
4. Eat right. If you are loading your body with non-nutritious fast foods, your body will not perform at capacity. Make every effort to eat right, especially when viruses are threatening.
5. Take your vitamins. Zinc and vitamin C are used to prevent illness, yet do not consume vitamin C if you have been diagnosed with cancer.
6. Antivirals. There are many natural immune system boosters found readily in our cabinets that are proven to fight infection. Grapefruit seed extract, garlic, ginger, oregano, turmeric, onion, horseradish and apple cider vinegar to name a few. Use more of these items in your cooking to give your body that extra boost.
7. Baking soda. Used to combat the swine flu pandemic of 1918 and 1919. It is said patients consuming baking soda did not contract the flu. Do not use if you have kidney ailments.
8. Exercise. Stay in shape and reap the benefits of a healthier, happier you!
9. Quarantine. Keep away from sick individuals, but if you must be around because it is a family member you are taking care of, keep them in one room until symptoms subside. Then sanitize thoroughly.
10. Sleep. Anything else can wait! Get enough sleep!
Following these steps will insure you have the best ammunition to fight the flu, naturally!