Summer is just a few days away and hopefully you have some plans to get outside! A cookout with friends and family, movie night in the park or even a day antiquing or at the farmer's market. No matter what the specifics, one thing is certain; its a day you want to be effortlessly cool. Do you see people out on the weekends and envy their look? Thinking they look like they just grab a few random pieces out of their closet and fashion magic happened. Well you too can look amazing and carefree. Because believe it or not their is a method.
Guide to looking effortless
1. Wear items that you feel comfortable in. Now I'm not talking about your favorite university sweat pants. But items that have stood the test of time and you always feel great in them. A light cardigan, those amazing worn in jeans; you know what I'm talking about.
2. Don't matchy match. That's a key to the effortless magic. Having all your accessories match can look like you tried to hard. There is a time and place for it, but this isn't it. If matching is a regular thing for you, this can be hard. But not matching; not your shoes and bag or even you earrings and necklace. Go rogue!
3. Have one focal accessory. It may be an oversized tote or satchel, a fedora or unique sunglasses. It should be summertime accessory taking center stage. Keep jewelry unique, but not too polished or business like. This accessory coincides with the location. If you are spending the day outdoors; a hat or the sunglasses can stay with the look from start to finish.
4. Don't spend too much time on your hair. Give it a rest from daily torture of the straightner. Go for a product with light hold and gives a "beachy" blow dry
5. Have Fun! It can be hard to step out of your comfort zone. Don't spend too much time in the mirror, just look, smile and go!