It's time for Christmas break! Fend off cabin fever with the following activities.
Explore the Community
- Visit the Caterpillar Visitors Center.
- Take a trip to the library.
- Learn and play at the Children's Discovery Museum.
- Go swimming at an indoor pool.
- Spend time at Forest Park Nature Center.
- Visit a nursing home to chat with the residents.
Make a Project
- Decorate thank you cards for the Christmas gifts you received.
- Knot fleece to make a no-sew blanket.
- Turn old jeans into a road for toy cars.
- Learn to draw with a Draw Write Now book.
- Go sledding.
- Bundle up for a walk around the block.
- Build a snowman.
- Take a hike.
Stay Cozy Indoors
- Experiment with Snap Circuits.
- Read winter-themed books.
- Assemble a puzzle.
- Test your brainpower with Laser Maze.
- Listen to audio books.
Try Your Hand in the Kitchen
- Bake bread.
- Invent a soup recipe.
- Assemble a fruit salad.
- Make and sample dishes from around the world.
- Whip up some hot cocoa.
Christmas break is a great opportunity for rest and relaxation, but if your family starts to get a bit stir crazy, these fun activities can add something special to your day.