The education world is beginning to notice that homeschoolers are dominating in the area of achedemic success. CollegeatHome.com gathered information from a variety of sources and reported the following facts about homeschooled students:
- Among homeschooling parents, 73% claimed dissatisfaction with the public schools and their failing results as the reason they chose to homeschool.
- 17.3% of the fathers are accountants or engineers
- 16.9% of the fathers are doctors or lawyers
- 10.7% of the fathers are small-business owners
- In the national average percentile scores, homeschool students out-perform public school students averaging 34-39 percentile points higher.
- The national test scores of homeschooled students were largely unaffected by household incomes. Students from families with household incomes of $35K or less averaged only four percentile points lower than those from families with household incomes of $70k or more.
- 66.7% of homeschooled students in college graduate compared to 57.5% of their peers who finish.
- This study goes on to report numbers showing that homeschooled students outscored public school kids on the following levels: communication, maturity, daily living, and socialization skills.
Homeschooling has earned the right to be considered as a feasible, practical, and valuable educational choice.
The above information was gathered from the following sources: