In what appears to be yet another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand's doing, the U.S. State Department is walking back an accusation that a recent news report by Fox News was suspect of being unreliable. As reported by The Washington Free Beacon and also Fox News Insider, both on July 22, 2014, Adam Housley of Fox News has uncovered even more information concerning the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya that was previously unknown to the American people.
Prior to the Ansar al-Sharia terrorist attack on the American consulate on September 11, 2012, Housley claims he was told by multiple confidential intelligence sources that within three weeks of the U.S. government renting the Benghazi compound that eventually would house our consulate, one of the many sub-groups allied with the terror organization literally moved in next door. As Housley noted one of his sources that was apparently on the ground in Benghazi, "We warned D.C. about the guys who moved in next door, but nobody knew what to do and nothing was done."
Moreover, Housley also uncovered that prior to the attack by the al-Qaeda-allied jihadists that left four dead Americans, the Hillary Clinton-led State Department contracted with a local so-called "militia" group to provide security for the consulate. As the reported stated during his video report, "some people call this the worst outsourcing of all time."
Disturbingly, Housley's sources also have notified him that before the attack, American security officials in Libya requested that the State Department fortify the consulate with both sandbags and belt-fed machine guns, but claim they were told the fortifications and weapons wouldn't be "aesthetically pleasing" and just might upset and distress the neighbors.
While the State Department caught wind of Housley's journalistic snooping around the shadowy corridors of power, our Department of State informed Fox News the day before the report was even aired that they consider Housley's reporting to be "dubious." Yet within 24-hours, the same State Department informed Fox News that prior to the Sept. 11, 2012 attack, there was in fact a request submitted up the chain of command for a belt-fed machine gun to be sent to the consulate. The only problem is that the powers-to-be at State just haven't had a chance to reach a decision to approve or disapprove yet.
The Washington Free Beacon also noted that the presumptive front-runner for the 2016 Democratic Party nomination for the presidency, Hillary Clinton stated last May that in regards to the Republican-chaired House committee that has been investigating the Benghazi debacle, "I do not believe there is any reason for it to continue..."