It's a new year! Welcome in 2013! At the start of a new year, you are probably refreshed, ready to set new goal, try new things, and explore new opportunities. If 2012 did not turn out exactly the way you expected, then you are probably ready to switch it up, try anything new, and make 2013 your year! Right? Well let's just say I am right, lets stay positive that 2013 is going to be the year that big things happen, it is your time to shine.Shine bright!
New year, ready to clean house, out with the old, in with whatever is better. Are you still holding on to those lingering situations of 2012? Have a semi, maybe, possible, relationship that is going no where fast? What about that complication of a relationship that keeps you questioning "what is this"? and "what are we doing"? Sound familiar? Want to get away from the relationship drama of 2012, and find your happily ever after in 2013? Well I can't guarantee that you will find your happily ever after, but I can help you clean out that old relationship baggage of 2012. Sometimes in order to move forward to find our best self, and be our best self with someone else who will appreciate who we are, we need to let go of those things that are holding us back and keeping us down.
Now you may ask: "But how do I let go?"
Letting go is not easy. It never is. If it is easy you were not fully in it in the first place. With relationships comes emotions, emotions cause us to feel happy at times but they may also cause hurt, pain, and wounds that need time to heal. Once it healing is done, it is time to march forward.
So once you have made the conscious decision that you are ready to empty your baggage, clean up the mess of 2012, and have a fresh new start for 2013, here are some tips that just might make it a little bit easier for you.
- Start by blocking or deleting numbers. You may have that ex that occasionally calls you to "hook up", that person that you kinda, sorta like, but has no sense of what a commitment or relationship is, or that person that you just KNOW you need to move far, far away from. To be gone of them, start by limiting the contact. You delete the number so you cannot reach him or her, and you block the number from your phone so he or she cannot reach you. Number be gone, and hopefully your memory will follow.
- Get off the couch and out of the house. Don't be afraid to meet new people. Try something new, If you have never ever done online dating, give it a try, create a profile, let magic happen. If you have never been one to approach a person of interest at a bar/club/restaurant/networking event, well make the first move. Be bold in the new year. New year, New you.
- Get support. Talk to your friends and listen to them. Please make sure you talk to friends of the opposite sex. Make sure your friends are honest with you. Sometimes we have baggage that we can't see, we choose not to recognize it. Friends will let you know if you have some stuff that needs to be cleaned up.
- Get a hobby. Find something that you enjoy doing, and do it. The more time that you find you are enjoying your own company, the more others will like being with you.
- Believe that every time you leave your house is an opportunity to meet someone new. I have met plenty of men in the strangest places, when I least expect it, and when I am looking for no one. It's always funny to have a strange, just by chance at the right time, right place encounter. Be open to knowing that your 2013 dating life can turn around without you even expecting it.
Good luck, hope 2013 brings lots of love, joy, and prosperity!