Chris Harrison from “The Bachelor” and Lacey Schwimmer from “Dancing with the Stars” were at LAX when shots rang out on Nov. 1. Both were sitting on airplanes and tweeted about their experiences. On Friday, “The Los Angeles Times” reported that a gunman opened fire at LAX at 9:20 a.m. PST. One TSA agent was shot and multiple were injured in the ensuing chaos. The suspect was shot and is in custody. CNN and Fox News have been continuously covering the LAX shooting for the past two hours.
- “Something crazy going on at LAX right now. Terminals shut down & cops w guns drawn!”
- “TSA just shut the doors in lockdown. Shooting over at Terminal 3.”
- “Police very polite but guns drawn & very serious about clearing the streets on top level of LAX. Everybody very calm & respectful.”
- “Incredible response by LAPD & airport authority. This place was locked tight w precision quickly. God bless first responders!”
Chris Harrison serves as host for ABC's “The Bachelorette” and “The Bachelor,” which premieres Juan Pablo’s season on Jan. 6, 2014. He’ll also participate in Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici’s live TV wedding on Jan. 26.
Lacey Schwimmer from “Dancing with the Stars” was also at LAX on Nov. 1 when shots rang through Terminal 3. Although she isn’t partnered with a celebrity this season, Lacey dances occasionally in the troupe and choreographed the opening number last week. Like Chris Harrison, she became stranded on an airplane after the LAX shooting. Just eight minutes ago, she tweeted that she’s still stuck on the tarmac. Earlier on Friday, she posted the following comments on Twitter…
- “Landed at LAX to find out a shooting has happened here! Hope everyone is okay.”
- “LAX isn’t telling us much, for now I’m sitting in the plane on the tarmac.”
- “Still on the tarmac waiting at LAX.”
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest TV news.