April in Greater Jacksonville means a trip to Starke for fresh strawberries.
Right about now the first crop is coming in juicy, sweet and rosy red – by the pint, by the pond or by the ton.
And this weekend, Starke hosts a great big festival where fresh strawberries and strawberry-themed merch are the order of the day.
The 16th Annual Bradford County Strawberry Festival opens Saturday.
The family-friendly, pet-friendly fun includes:
- Live music and entertainment FREE train rides & bounce house
- Strawberry 5K Run
- Food and Craft Vendors including BBQ, Spiral Taters, Hillbilly Home Brew, Arepas, Gyros, Smoothies & more
- Vendors of all things strawberry related and themed
Come for the festival, stay for the afternoon
There’s no doubt about it – you can find plenty to do in Starke when you’ve eaten all the fresh, juicy strawberries you can hold.
Take part of your afternoon to see some of the local sights –
- Go the Camp Blanding Museum and Memorial Park
- See Old Sparky, the state’s working electric chair, on the Florida State Prison tour
- Take in a show at the Florida Twin
Most of all, take some Starke strawberries home. They’re fantastic.
16th Annual Bradford County Strawberry Festival
- Sat., Apr. 12, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. & Sun., Apr. 13, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Admission: FREE & open to the public
- Main Street
- Starke, Fla. 32091
- Phone: 904-964-5278 | Fax: 904-964-2863
©2014 All rights reserved.
OFFICIAL BIO: K Truitt is a second-generation, native Floridian born in Jacksonville. Truitt worked in public higher education for 25 years and knows newspaper publishing, printing and graphic design. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org