January 6, 2014
Create your own custom tea towels for a fraction of the cost of patterned ones. Patterned tea towels are a great way to add color to your kitchen, and make an excellent house warming gift.
- If the tea towel is new pre-wash it to prevent future shrinking in the wash which would cause the stamped image to possibly crack or flake off.
- Mix fabric medium to your acrylic paint, following the mixing guidelines on the fabric medium bottle.
- Apply the paint onto the stamp either by pouring the paint into a flat dish, or by using a foam roller to apply the paint to the stamp.
- Position the stamp onto the tea towel and stamp downwards distributing even pressure over the entire stamp.
- Allow the paint to dry 1-2 days then place a cloth over the tea towel and iron the tea towel to seal the paint stamp.
- Wash anything that might have paint on it such as the stamp, dishes, rollers etc.
- Tea towel
- Acrylic paint
- Fabric medium
- Flat dish to contain paint
- Foam roller brush (optional)
- Iron and ironing board
- Extra cloth or tea towel