UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. They design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. They are also a major supplier to international space programs.
- The position will provide space systems as a Mechanical Engineering (ME) integrated Program Team (IPT) Lead Support. The ME IPT lead engineering role will include the responsibility for meeting program cost, schedule, and technical requirements. The ME IPT Lead, in conjunction with the Program Manager, will support the following activities:
- Manage a Preliminary Design/Detailed Design/Qualification program in accordance with the Program Operating Plan, including monitoring the project with respect to technical performance, budget, and schedule.
- Coordinate with the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
group on weekly/monthly EVMS data analysis.
- Deviations from the project schedule or budget shall be replanned with the input and concurrence of the Program Manager.
- Corrective action shall be taken when necessary to replan or reschedule tasks to achieve effective results.
- Lead proposal estimating efforts as program scope changes.
- Create work packages and coordinate resources according to schedule commitments.
- Generate quarterly or on demand Estimate to Complete (ETC) ('9s).
- Support the System Engineering function by coordinating the allocation of technical requirements among the IPT.
- Focal point for Customer technical support, Supplier, inquires, and field issues.
- Ensure compliance to all Technical processes, and Progrmmatic processes during execution.
- Root cause and corrective action investigations.
- Engineering reporting and metrics.
- Action item tracking.
- Design and Peer reviews.
- Drive technical performance during Preliminary Design and Detailed Design to ensure successful PDR and CER.
BA/BS Degree with 4-7 years if exoeruence,
MA/MS Degree with 2- 5 + years of experience
PhD degree with 0-2 years of experience.
Must be responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project. Contribute to the team or department by applying their knowledge of one of more functional areas. The ability to work without direct guidance or direction from others.
The candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks while working independently or as a member of a team in a dynamic organization, excellent verbal, written and PC skills, Outlook, Excel, Access, Word Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
Apply to: Hamilton Sundstrand - Human Resources - 4747 Harrison Avenue - Rockford, IL 61108 - (815) 226 - 6000 - fax (815) 394 - 2414