The St. PETrick’s Costume Contest is planned for Friday, March 15th from 6:00 until 7:00 p.m. at the Chicagoland Family Pet Expo. Admission will cost $16 per person and proceeds will go to benefit Chicagoland area rescues and shelters. You must register in order to participate by Friday, March 8th though. Make certain to arrive by 5:45 with your pet at the Arlington Park Racecourse, 2200 West Euclid Avenue in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
All pets, all sizes, all shapes are welcome to attend and to display their very best. There will be three categories in which they will be judged:
1. Most Irish Costume
2. Most Original Costume
3. Cutest Pet
4. *Crowd Favorite
*A grand prize of $100 to Petco will be awarded to the animal voted the crowd’s favorite. Then half of all of the entry proceeds will be awarded to the participating non-profit organization that the winner chooses; including local shelters and rescue organizations!
The top three pets in each of the first three categories will receive rosettes after being judged, plus cash prize certificates towards any purchases they would like to make at the Expo. Each entrant will at least receive a certificate for their participation in this event.
In order to participate, each entrant will pay a fee of $16 for entering one pet and one owner and the fee also entails admission to the Pet Show. A fee of $6 will be charged to park each vehicle.
There are some specific rules and regulations that must be followed:
· If you enter your pet, only one member of the family is able to handle that dog per entry.
· Your dog is required to be six months or older. It also must be healthy, friendly and not in heat in order to join in the fun.
· In order for your pet to participate, they must be current on their rabies and distemper vaccination.
· You must utilize a non-retractable leash, have your dog crated or otherwise suitably restrained.
· You must clean up after your dog.
· When you participate with your dog, you are encouraged to dress in the St. Patrick’s Day theme as well.
· If you bring your child, you must be with them at all times.
· If your pet misbehave or becomes a menace, you and your pet may be asked to evacuate the contest.
This event provides for a special bonding time for you and your pet. You can have a load of fun and help pets in need as well!