Intro: In terms of St. Patrick's Day food, corned beef and cabbage is usually the first recipe that comes to mind. While I love tasty corned beef recipes, my time is limited as are many people's in this busy day and age. That's why I love this recipe for crock pot corned beef and cabbage. It's an easy crock pot meal that tastes delish!
To make this crock pot corned beef and cabbage, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 4 medium-size potatoes, cut up into chunks
- 1 stalk of celery, cut up
- 6 carrots, cut up
- 2 chopped up medium onions
- 6 cabbage wedges
- 3 lbs of corned beef (get the kind that has a seasoning packet)
- 1 can of beer
- 2 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. water
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
- Put the potatoes, carrots and onions in your crock pot. Your crock should be about a 6-quart crock.
- Add the corned beef brisket on top of that as well as the seasoning packet. If you're adding the cinnamon stick, break it into pieces and put it into the crock pot.
- Pour the beer on the corned beef.
- Cover the corned beef with your mustard.
- Mix the water and brown sugar together and pour over the corned beef.
- Put the lid on the crock and set it on low for the next 10 to 12 hours.
- In the next step of the cooking process for this recipe for crock pot corned beef and cabbage, you want to take the meat out of the crock and put it into the oven. Cover it with tin foil.
- Put the cabbage and celery into the crock pot with the other veggies. Then cover them again with the lid.
- Let this cook for 40 minutes.
- Retrieve the cinnamon stick.
- Slice the corned beef thinly.
- Use a slotted spoon to retrieve the veggies from the crock pot. Serve them alongside the recipe for corned beef.
- This is an easy crock pot meal if your time requires you to be away from home for long stretches.
- Watch the video for another corned beef and cabbage recipe.