Intro: If you're adding to your St. Patrick's Day drinks list, think about having some Irish whiskey drinks. The drinks featured in this article, the Emerald and Everybody's Irish, feature this type of whiskey and are an excellent addition to your St. Patty's Day party ideas.
What is Irish Whiskey?
According to the Tullamore Dew website, the primary difference between Irish whiskey and Scotch whiskey has to to do with the distilling process.
The taste and character of Irish whiskey comes from distilling it whereas Scotch whiskey relies on blending grain and malt whiskies together to get the final flavor. This definitely gives your St. Patrick's Day drinks their distinct flavor.
Irish Whiskey Drinks Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Wouldn't you just figure that there'd be a St. Patrick's Day drink recipe called the Emerald. When I saw this drink, I knew I need to add it to my Irish whiskey cocktails list!
Ingredients for The Emerald Irish Whiskey Drink:
- 2-oz of your favorite brand of Irish whiskey
- 1-oz sweet vermouth
- 2 or 3 dashes of orange bitters
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Pour the whiskey.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Stir. Easy peasey.
It just so happens that I'm Irish, so I make all my food column readers honorary Irish for the day. That being the case, you need a good Irish whiskey drink recipe to celebrate becoming Irish for the worldwide St. Patrick's Day party. For this, there is the Everybody's Irish drink.
Ingredients for The Everybody's Irish Whiskey Drink:
- 2-oz of Irish whiskey
- 1 Tbsp of creme de menthe (green)
- 1 Tbsp of green Chartreuse
- Mint leaf garnish
- Chill drink glasses.
- Add ice cubes to your cocktail shaker.
- Pour everything into your cocktail shaker and shake.
- Pour into the chilled glasses, using a strainer on the top of your shaker.
- Garnish with a mint leaf. Note, the original recipe calls for an olive garnish, but I prefer mint.
Enjoy these St. Patrick's Day drinks recipes.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!