Intro: Good St. Patrick's Day drinks set the tone for your Green Beer Day party. These drink recipes include a tasty and festive drink called the Irish flag, a green sangria and a whiskey collins. These easy St. Patrick's Day recipes will be nice additions to your holiday drinks file.
St. Patrick's Day Drinks Recipes
Lucky Green Sangria
I was hoping that I could find a few pretty green drinks for my own St. Patrick's Day ideas file. This lucky green sangria fits the bill nicely.
You make this St. Patty's Day drink recipe with one of my favorite wines, Pinot Grigio plus Midori liqueur. Mmmmm!
- 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio wine
- 1-oz of Midori melon-flavored liqueur
- Green apple slices
- Lime slices
- Cucumber slices
- Mint leaves
- Club soda
- Pour the bottle of Pinot into a large pitcher.
- Add in the Midori as well as the fruit slices.
- Drop in a handful of mint leaves into this St. Patrick's Day drink recipe.
- Put the lucky green sangria into the fridge for two or more hours.
- Add club soda before serving.
Collins drinks were drinks that I served often when I tended bar. They are good standbys for holiday like St. Patty's Day when you don't know what else to serve since so many people like them.
Here's a recipe for a classic whiskey collins.
- 2-oz of blended whiskey
- 1 tsp of powdered sugar
- Splash of collins drink mix
- Or the juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cherry
- 1 orange slice
- Carbonated water
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker that you've filled with ice.
- Use a bar strainer to pour it into a collins glass.
- Add some ice to the glass and top with the carbonated water.
- Garnish the whiskey collins recipe with the fruit.
- Serve with a cocktail straw.
To learn how to make the Irish flag St. Patty's Day drink, watch the video accompanying this article.