Intro: If you're planning your St Patricks Day drinks, you'll want to learn how to make green beer. It's such a fixture of this holiday, you'll want to add the recipe for it to your permanent St. Patty's party ideas file.
St. Patrick's Day Drink Recipes: What is Green Beer
Green beer is a creative concoction. Normally, beer isn't brewed so that it comes out green at the end of the brewing process. It needs a little help, but it's worth it if you want to be a part of the festivities on Green Beer Day!
How to Make Green Beer
For these St. Patrick's day drinks, you'll need the following items:
Ingredients for Green Beer:
- Chilled beer mugs
- Light-colored beer or ale
- Green food coloring
- Or Blue Curacao
Instructions for this St. Patty's Drink:
- Chill the glasses in your freezer. If you've washed them in the dishwasher, make sure you wait until the glasses are completely cool before putting them in the freezer. Otherwise, they'll shatter.
- Put a few drops of either the green food coloring or the Blue Curacao in the bottom of the glass. Exercise the second option if you don't want to drink the food coloring.
- Pour in the ale.
Further Tips for How to Make Green Beer:
- The food coloring or liqueur should go into the glass before the beer. You'll have to stir the beer if you don't.
- If you want more green coloring in your beer, pour about half a glass and then look at the color. If it needs more, add the green coloring at this stage. You'll still have beer to pour into the glass. The act of pouring the beer will mix the beer.
- Toast to your St. Patty's Day party guests, using these traditional Irish blessings and quotes. May these Irish quotes and blessing give you the gift of the Blarney Stone!