Intro: If you're looking for some cute St. Patrick's Day desserts, why not try these St. Patty's Day cupcakes with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. These delicious chocolate desserts a sweet treats for your family or for you to pack for your kids' lunches. They also make cute St. Patrick's Day desserts to bring to a classroom party.
Homemade Chocolate Cupcake Recipe for Pot of Gold Cupcakes
You can either make these St. Patrick's Day cupcakes using a box mix of your favorite cupcake flavor or you can make this homemade chocolate cupcakes recipe as the base recipe for this St. Patrick's Day dessert.
To make these cute St. Patrick's Day desserts, you'll need:
- 1 1/3 c. flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. milk
Instructions for the St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes:
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put cupcake liners into your muffin pan.
- Use your sifter to sift together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and cocoa for your St. Patrick's Day dessert.
- Put the sifted ingredients to the side.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in one of your large mixing bowls. When you're done, the consistency should be light and fluffy.
- Drop in the eggs. Put them in one at a time. Beat them thoroughly each time. Stir in the vanilla between each egg.
- Add the cocoa/ flour mixture for the St. Patty's cupcakes, alternating it with milk. Beat the mixture well.
- Fill the muffin cups with the homemade chocolate cupcake batter. Only fill them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the cupcakes for up to 17 minutes. When you stick a toothpick in the center and no cake remains on the cupcake, then the cupcakes are done.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the rainbow and pot of gold. To learn how to do this, watch the video tutorial. It's easy to understand it if you see it.
Enjoy these cute St. Patrick's Day desserts! Happy St. Patty's Day!
For more cupcake ideas, check out these cookbooks.