Intro: This easy recipe for Bailey's ® buttercream icing is a delicious topping for your St. Patrick's Day cupcakes. It's a sweet and adult take on the easy buttercream icing recipe. Use this recipe to decorate your leprechaun or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow cupcakes for St. Patty's Day.
Recipe for the Bailey's ® Buttercream Icing
- 1 c. of real butter, not margarine
- 3 c. of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream ®
- Milk -- to make it the thickness you want.
Instructions for the Bailey's Irish Cream ® Icing:
- Add the vanilla, butter, powdered sugar and the Bailey's Irish Cream ® to a large mixing bowl. Cream together. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of milk.
- Frost very cold cupcakes or cakes with this frosting recipe.
- Watch the video at the top of the screen for a recipe for Guinness chocolate cake plus some additional instructions for the Bailey's Irish Cream ® buttercream icing. The recipe is slightly different, so use the one that you like best for your St. Patrick's Day cupcakes.
- You'll want to add various food colorings to the easy buttercream recipe with Bailey's ® if you want to make St. Patty's Day decorations on the cupcakes. You can use the Guinness chocolate cake recipe for the leprechaun cupcakes as well.