Intro: If you're looking for some cute St. Patrick's Day crafts, making leprechaun decorations will put you right in the spirit of the holiday. Your kids will like these fun and easy crafts. They only require items that you can pick up at the dollar store and put together in the space of an afternoon and look so sweet next to the rest of your St. Patrick's Day decor.
What You'll Need for These Cute Leprechaun Decorations
- A small paint brush
- Green craft foam
- A ruler
- A grease pencil
- Green, brown, pink and your choice of flesh-toned acrylic paint
- A black permanent marker
- A toilet paper roll
- A shamrock button or bead
- 4 brown pipe cleaners
- Handheld compass
- Paper plate
The St. Patrick's Day Crafts Tutorial
It's simplest to watch the video tutorial attached to this article to learn how to make these leprechaun crafts for kids for St. Patrick's Day.
- However, here are a few pointers to keep in mind as you and your kids create these leprechaun crafts.
- Smaller kids may need help tracing the hat shape onto the craft foam. They may also need some help cutting the shapes out.
- You'll need a steady hand to draw the face on the leprechaun craft. If you're in doubt, you can make light marks with a pencil and then trace over them with the black marker.
- If you're doing these St. Patrick's Day crafts with small children, you may want to have an apron for them to wear. The paint could ruin their clothes if they spill it.