Intro: If you're looking for some cute St. Patrick's Day cookies, try this easy short bread cookies recipe to make some beautiful shamrock cookies. You can make this St. Patrick's Day dessert for your family or for your kids' St. Patty's Day celebration in their classrooms.
Easy Shortbread Cookies Recipes for Your Shamrock Cookies
- 1 c. sugar (you'll need a bit extra if you want to sprinkle some on the shamrock cookies)
- 3/4 lb of room temp butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 tsp of salt
Instructions for the St. Patrick's Day Cookies:
- Blend together the cup of sugar plus the butter in a bowl. Use an electric mixer with paddles to combine these ingredients.
- Add the pure vanilla extract to the mix.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, sift the salt and flour together, then add them to the sugar and butter mixture for the easy shortbread cookies recipe.
- Mix on low. The dough should eventually start to bind together.
- Dust your work surface with flour and then shape out a disc from the cookie dough.
- Wrap this in plastic and put in the fridge for half an hour.
- Get the dough out and roll it with a rolling pin until it's 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out your shamrock cookies.
- Put them on an baking sheet. Don't grease the cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 25 minutes. Allow the edges to turn a golden brown.
- Let them cool at room temperature.
- Frost and decorate the cookies using the ideas in the video tutorial above or use your favorite green frosting and add little sugar shamrocks to the cookies.
- This recipe is also tasty to dip into a chocolate fondue recipe.
You can order the things you need to decorate the St. Patrick's Day cookies by clicking on the links below.