On March 17th everyone's Irish. Here are some ideas to bring the luck of the Irish to your child's party.
- Green, green and more green
- Hang green & white balloons, paper lanterns and streamers
- Shamrocks in a variety of sizes on the walls, tables and entry
- Using poster paper rolls make large rainbows to hang on the walls. Don't forget the pot of gold!
- Choose a fun St. Patrick's themed tableware
- Sprinkle the table with shamrock confetti and gold coins
Food & Drink:
- Chicken pesto pizza -- see recipe below
- Chips with guacamole
- Celery sticks with green ranch dip
- Lemon-lime soda with green ice cubes
- Shamrock sugar cookies and green milk
Chicken Pesto Pizza
1 (12 inch) pizza crust
1/2 cup basil pesto sauce
2 cups grilled chicken breast, cut into bite size strips
1 (6 oz) jar chopped artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or any white) cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spread pesto sauce on pizza crust, top with chicken and artichokes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake on the bottom rack for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Games & Activities:
- Pin the Pot of Gold to the Rainbow
- Rainbow piñata w/ gold coins inside
- Pot of Gold scavenger hunt
Send the little leprechauns home with their own pot of gold . Fill small candy kettles with gold coins.
With these tips you won't need much luck to have a fantastic St. Patrick's Day celebration.