Go Green everyone and I'm not talking about the enviroment. Its St. Patrick's day here in New York City. I've cobbled together a few tips for you to enjoy St Patrick's day.
- Start early...if you like: A lot of the better pubs like McSorley's Old Ale House and others throughout the city start at 8am. People will be drunk by 8:45 guaranteed. See strike it out early if you must because places will be packed all day!! Most of the pubs in midtown will be especially packed today so being around people isn't the problem, ithe problem is feeling crowded to the point like your making a maiden voyage to Ellis Island. So go early to avoid crowds and especially the crowds from 11-5pm with the parade on Saturday.
- It's St. Patrick's day weekend, not day: Many of the pubs are having specials on both Saturday and Sunday so pace yourself. You can go all in one night or do a good amount two nights or you can keep guessing the variation but time is truly on your side.
- Find lively but smaller pubs to enjoy the day By know we all know the Parade on 5th Avenue from St. Patrick's Church to 77th street. I would suggest pubs in smaller neighborhoods especially Woodside, Queens (7 train to Woodside) like Saints and Sinners to enjoy drinking . in one of the truly authentic Irish neighborhoods left in the city.u Once you find Saints and Sinners there are lots of pubs in Woodside to keep you busy just take a quick glance around they number no less than 10.
- Look for deals they are out there. For instance, The Brazen Head off Atlantic Avenue and Court Street in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn will be giving out $5 corned beef sandwiches and on Sunday they're doing free bagels and fixings and $5' bloody mary's. Look for good deals there's plenty out there in the next two days.
- Any Irish bar on the East side of Manhattan will have a lively crowd from 14th street up to the Upper East Side in the 60's: Its not until you get in the 70's and above that the Upper East Side is fuddy duddy.
- Find a designated driver. There's too many people drinking too much and driving and the cops will be especially vigiliant for people looking a slight bit inebriated so don't take the chance get a person who is only get a drink or two. Its for safety, caution, not losing your license thats enough reasons right?!?!
Enjoy your day folks