St. Patrick's Day movies aren't as popular as other holiday movies, but there are a few good ones that your family should see.
- Darby O'Gill and the Little People: This Disney movie from 1959 will put the entire family in the mood for St. Patrick's Day. The story is about Darby O'Gill, who loves telling tall tales about the wee folk. When a new man comes into the picture, O'Gill doesn't know what will become of himself and his daughter until he snags some opportunities by catching the king of the leprechauns.
- The Secret of Kells: This movie was nominated for an Academy Award in 2010. The movie takes place in Ireland and follows the life of 12-year-old Brendan, a boy whose parents were killed by vikings. Once Brendan discovers a special book, his life takes on many interesting changes.
- The Luck of the Irish: Kyle Johnson, a popular teenage boy, discovers some secrets about his family history. He has to fight for his lucky gold charm to keep his family from being controlled by a bad leprechaun.
- Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers: The Last Leprechaun: Dale wants the pot of gold so badly that he is ready to switch places with a leprechaun.
- Finian's Rainbow: This 1968 musical takes you into the land of an Irishman and a leprechaun living in the south.