St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17. On this day, Bangor area children will be wearing green in hopes that nobody will pinch them. This year, St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Sunday. Children will be home and may want to make a holiday craft in observance of St. Patrick’s Day. The following is a simple clay pot craft that children will have fun making.
Some of the materials that are needed to make this craft may already be available at home. Other supplies can be purchased at the Bangor Super Wal-Mart store. The following materials are needed to make this craft:
Clay pot (any size)
Nontoxic light green acrylic paint
Printed shamrock template (with small and medium shamrocks)
Dark green marker
Cup of water
This is an easy craft to make. Small children may need help cutting out the shamrocks and tracing them on to the pot. The following are the directions for this craft:
- Choose a work area and line the surface with newspaper. Place all of the materials on the work surface within reach of the child.
- Use the foam brush to paint the inside of the clay pot light green. Let the paint dry. Paint it again. Let the paint dry. Wash the foam brush in-between each use and wipe it dry with the paper towel.
- Paint the outside of and bottom of the clay pot with the green paint and brush. Let the paint dry. Paint the outside again and let the paint dry. Wash the brush and dry it.
- Cut a small shamrock from the template. Use the template to trace the small shamrock around the top border of the clay pot in green marker. Cut a larger shamrock from the printed template. Using the green marker trace the shamrock on to the front of the clay pot. Continue to use the marker to color in the shamrocks.
- Fill the St. Patrick’s Day clay pot with green M&M’s.