I just couldn't wait until later this month to have slow cooked corned beef, thinly sliced cabbage and tender potatoes, so I put everything in the slow cooker today. I also baked a beautiful loaf of authentic Irish soda bread, served with loads of softened butter.
This is good eating.
Find everything you need to make this, including the Stout, at your local Meijer.
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 head cabbage, halved (if you don't like a whole lot of cabbage)
- 4 potatoes, quartered or halved (depends on size you use)
- Add brisket to slow cooker. Sprinkle with spice mix. Top with cabbage and potatoes. Cover everything with Guinness Stout, beer or water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high 4-5 hours or til meat and veggies are tender.
- Let meat rest a few minutes, slice and enjoy!